To apply for this course, download, complete and return the application form.
Oakwell Centre, Dewsbury & District Hospital
Dr Anupama Sharma - Consultant Anaesthetist Mr Asoka Weerasinghe - Consultant in Emergency Medicine.
Medicine, Emergency Medicine and Neurology trainees.
Content and format
Each session will comprise of:
- Didactic teaching for 75 minutes.
- Scan practice for 125 minutes (six stations)
- Formative assessment for 25 minutes.
The didactic teaching will cover:
- Ultrasound physics
- Ultrasound knobology
- Ultrasound guided assisted lumbar puncture
- Ultrasound governance.
The scan practice session will comprise of:
- Faculty: trainee ratio 1:3
- Hands on practice on ultrasound compatible phantoms (training blocks/ultrasound compatible lumbar puncture phantom/live models and torsos).
Formative assessment on ultrasound training blocks.
At the end of the session the trainee will have a thorough understanding on:
- Basic ultrasound physics
- Basic ultrasound knobology
- How to optimise ultrasound images
- Basic procedural ultrasound
- How to perform an ultrasound assisted lumbar puncture
- Governance related to ultrasound guided procedures.
Formative assessment for the trainee