To apply for this course, download, complete and return the application form.
Trust HQ & Education Centre, Pinderfields Hospital
Mr B Venkateswaran - Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Foundation 2* and Core Trainees whose aim is to join specialist training in surgery and orthopaedics.
*Approved as a first practical skills course for Bridging the Gap
Content and format
- To improve emergency surgical care by delivering appropriate curriculum based essential surgical skills in orthopaedics.
- To provide essential knowledge and skills required to manage common orthopaedic skills: plastering, trauma, fracture management and tendon repair.
- To make orthopaedics relevant to your future career.
- Understand the range of common orthopaedic conditions and emergencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete a diagnostic workup appropriately.
- Initiate and understand the principles of therapy for common orthopaedic conditions and emergencies.